From the BBC: 100 things we didn't know last year this time.
(I'm a little late on this one - it was an end-of-the-year story published in December.)
Still, it's a fun concept. Some highlights:
7. The heat generated by a laptop, and the knees-together pose needed to balance it, can damage a man's fertility.
Posted by Jeff at April 14, 2005 08:14 AM
38. Yoda was based on Albert Einstein.
26. The full names of Scooby Doo's Mystery Inc members are: Fred Jones, Daphne Blake, Velma Dinkley, Scooby "Scoobert" Doo. Shaggy is actually Norville Rogers.
87. One gigabyte of information - about a quarter of the memory of an iPod mini - is the equivalent of a pick-up truck load of paper.
94. A cruise ship can put more than 130,000 litres of sewage into the sea each day.
97. Matt Groening's father - the inspiration for Homer Simpson - has only complained once about his alter-ego's actions. It was an episode in which Homer badgered Marge into walking some considerable distance on a hot day to fetch him something.